Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pin-Ups - Worth It or Not???





Pin-ups remind me of the time I found a 1979 Playboy in my dad's desk at home.

Gross.

But I guess they're coming back in style - the retro look is in. Kind of like the black sweater dress I'm wearing today, if I don't wear it today, I'm going to have to pray to God that I have a daughter who will wear it in 30 years.

to be quite honest - how in the world do you decorate with them? In the boudoir, yes, I can see that. In a bachelor pad? Yes, of course! In my home... I have no idea where I would put them or what I would do with them.
Maybe make postcards and frame them? I don't think I'd actually blow up an image to poster size, most likely because I'm an art freak and would want an "original." I don't know... they're so, timeless in a way, that they're hard to gauge exactly where to decorate with them. If I had my own dressing room, I'd bet my garter belts that I would decorate with pin-ups.
But, I don't want one of these posters in my living room for my husband's frat buddy friends to jack off to, that's for sure! These pin-ups are way too retro!
How To Find:
Google "pin-ups; 1940's - 1950's"
PSH

No comments: