Monday, January 14, 2008

August = New Rental House

And wood floors. And not enough seating. The big green dream machine can only fit 3 - plus with the really nice Amish rocking chair we have, that only seats 4. We're screwed if we have a couples night with more than 2 couples!

These floor cushions might do the trick!

I've been to Pier 1 Imports so many times and I'm mad as hell that I can't shop online there anymore! Thank God I had my bridal registry there before they took away the online store! I've seen their floor cushions so many times, I just can't bring myself to buy any of them. When I walk in and stand in front of all the pillows, I can feel myself frowning and slowly backing away and out the door. I'm always disappointed now by the Pier 1 pillows...

The cushions shown are actually from West Elm, my favorite modern but cheap(er) store. The cushions are $59 each but they don't come in a huge variety of colors. You get what they have. I would definitely get the ivory, but Ikea sells floor cushion covers, so maybe that's a possibility if someone spills red wine and the dry cleaners can't get it out!

We'll also have an actual kitchen with space for a table. I NEED A KITCHEN TABLE. My BMW man loves to sit on the couch and eat from the coffee table so he can watch the Simpsons. My plan is to get a 13 inch television for the kitchen so I can watch FoodNetwork and cook my ass off.

And sit at a table to eat like a civilized person! I would like dark wood, maybe some cheap chairs if I can find any at the flea markets around us. I think I'd like the chairs to not match. And be around $10 each. Maybe less!

When we move this August, my plan is to have the rooms already layed out in my sketchbook. I want to move in and know what I want.

And yet I still haven't seen the inside of the cute little historically restored little yellow bungalow with a porch swing in person!

PSH

No comments: