Monday, January 14, 2008

Easy, Simple Green Things All Can Do

To go green or not? That is the question. Here's simple things you can do that most people don't think about.

1. I bring $20 to the farmer's market and purchase all the groceries I need for a week. That's a local thing you can do. Even if you just buy tomatoes (which is what I did for two weeks until I discovered the corn, peppers, potatoes and flowers).

2. Buy soy or beeswax candles. They don't emit toxic fumes like paraffin candles do.

3. Shop at thrift shops and flea markets, whether it be for fabrics, furniture or fun stuff! You're recycling other's peoples unwanted goods.

4. Decorate with plants. They help clear your air of carbon monoxide. I particularly like just about anything that flowers or that I can cook with. I also like bamboo and also the winter bulbs that you can plant in the spring.

I can usually come up with more stuff, but today my brain is stuck. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

PSH

No comments: