Friday, January 4, 2008

New Pottery Barn Catalog

When I got home from work yesterday I had a pleasant surprise waiting for me on the coffee table.




A new Pottery Barn catalog. Normally I don't exactly look through them because everything is way too expensive for me to buy. Also, living in a small space, their furniture won't fit into my 625 square foot apartment. Plus, how in the world would I get their furniture up three flights of stairs? (That's right, there's no elevator).


And so I decided to look anyway when I saw that they had some Eco friendly stuff. Looking more closely, no, it's really not that eco-friendly when you spend thousands of dollars when you could go garage sailing and looking on craigslist for cheap to free furniture.




But they also had a small spaces section. I looked found a few things that might be able to fit into my teeny tiny apartment. Not too bad... But if you look at the specs, these are still pretty large pieces.


Also, when living in a small space, you want to be able to store as much stuff as possible.
The tv stand wouldn't work out for us (with the PS3, PS2, tuner, DVD player and about 8 speakers...), but it would work out nicely for me if I wasn't living with a gadget freak.
The couch, that just looks hard and uncomfortable, but think of all the throws, DVD's and other stuff you could store underneath in pretty baskets!
The computer office closet, yes, I want! You can shut off your mess when you have friends over, or you can keep it as organized as you want to. For me, I'd love a MAC, but with laptops, the pull out unit for the keyboard can be used as extra work space (I'm thinking off all the Law School work my husband can do...).
So for now, just enjoy the new Pottery Barn stuff. It's too expensive for me, but you can also find knock offs at other places like Ballard Designs, Ikea and even sometimes at Home Goods.
PSH

No comments: