Sunday, March 2, 2008

Inside Out

I grew up in Minnesota - I'm huge fan of outdoor living. When I nannied in the summertime, I don't think we spent more than 1 hour inside. Whether it was so hot we'd be sitting on the front steps drinking pink lemonade or running around at the park, being outside was so incredibly freeing - it was as if we didn't have any constraints. Lovely, just lovely one of my co workers would say!

Pottery Barn has always had some of my favorite outdoor furniture, yet it's still way out of my price range for almost anything! Above has been a favorite look, but it's just not personal enough for my tastes - it looks like it should be in one of those HGTV home selling shows. Blech.

Smith & Hawken has sets under $1500 - talk about a deal (if you find one that you like)!

S&H also has a great BBQ grill - shown above - that's not too seriously expensive. Since they do sell things at Target - they can't be too bad, right??? (ha ha, I love s&h!)


Light up your outside world with some copper oil lamps (but don't forget the oil).

Outdoor spaces need to be decorated just like indoor spaces. Don't forget the details, otherwise you'll end up with something that just seems unfinished. Get an outdoor rug, candles, bring your bar outside in the summer and voila! An outdoor space that you'll never want to leave!

PSH

No comments: