Saturday, March 29, 2008

Indoor Greenery... For Non-GreenThumbers


Peace lilies are supposedly the best plant to have indoors. My mother never had one. My father never had one, and personally I think that it looks like the hostas the neighbor had growing up.

I digress.

They have large leaves - which means it cleans the air in your home better and to be quite honest, after reading some care instructions, they're pretty easy to take care of!
Bamboo is another possible alternative to those like me. No green thumb. I can kill absolutely anything, trust me. We only kept a rosemary bush alive for two weeks, thank you!

Smith & Hawken, is of course, a home and garden store not just that expensive outdoor living store you find at places like The Galleria in Edina, MN.

The lucky bamboo above is found here, $49.00 for nice thick pieces of lucky bamboo. Since it is a tropical plant, they do need humidity and water every two to three days (But then, I also live in South Central Indiana and I'm looking at bamboo plants out my window right now and they're doing ok).

Smith & Hawken also has tons more foliage plants that are great for cleaning the air in your home as well as helping to brighten up your day and bring spring closer one day at a time.

Plus, save 20% more on their sale stuff!

PSH

No comments: