Monday, April 14, 2008

Small Space Storage Solutions

If you're like me it means that you live in exactly 620 square feet and moved a three story house into a one bedroom apartment.

Kind of.

I can't convince my Beemer Man into donating a whole entire box of unsharpened pencils to a school, nor can I convince him that dirty clothes need to be in the hamper and when the hamper is full to wash what's in there. Um, no. He buys more socks. And underwear. That's only one problem.

Here were my solutions:

Kitchen Hutch from Target - $149
I whole heartedly admit, it's not the prettiest, but it's large and fits the needs of our small kitchen. ALL the baking stuff is stored along with the utensils.
For $39.99 the Rexbo storage unit is easily used in the office area. It holds the law school books along with a few reams of paper and one 8x10 framed wedding picture. Who knew that I would fall in love with red?

These are only two solutions to the many -

Closet organizers - boxes, baskets, an over the door shoe holder houses my bras & socks, a plastic closet doubler, purses that hang on what are supposed to be pants hangers (stuffed with tissue paper), plastic shelving under the bathroom sink...

Honestly I could go on forever (need more room for new glasses - use an old coffee mug for a pen & pencil holder) - sometimes ideas come to you that you would never think. I bought an old restaurant utensil holder (kinda like now what the six pack case is with the napkins in it) and it's now used for the address book, errant pens, a lighter, the stamps and all the remote controls.

Amazingly, you'll find something you love that you have to use for something. No worries, more solutions to come!

PSH

No comments: