Friday, April 11, 2008

Buying Furniture

Wow... I haven't actually BOUGHT furniture in so long...

I'm a little shocked at shipping prices (finally, the Ikea in Ohio opened, so I'll be going there in July!), disturbed by the lack of not finding more dining sets and not so enthusiastic about going to furniture stores. Hmm. I think I like online shopping better.


For $499, this table will fit into the new kitchen of the new rental in August. It's mod, coffee colored and seems to be stable. But for $499, you also have to put it together yourself. I don't know if I LIKE that part! This is from West Elm (I think, whoops, I totally forgot to bookmark it for later!) or it could also be from CB2.

When shopping for furniture I have a strange obsession with shabby chic things for myself - Rachel Ashwell is the definite Shabby Chic decorator (Confession: I own Shabby Chic bed linens from Target) and I just can't seem to stray from the clean, comfortable lines and lovely feeling that you get, it's like when the sun shines down upon your face and you suddenly smile.

The above chair is the PB Basic Grand Chair. It comes in several slipcover colors - whoops, I mean like 50 - with different prices attached to it too. For $1,000, it's not in my budget, but check out this likeness from ikea:

For $249, the Ektorp comes in several colors as well, newly fashioned in pink! This is more of my budget, with a brightly colored throw and some fun pillows, what a fabulous reading chair this would make (with a glass of wine...).

PSH

No comments: